From: Benjamin Pflugmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Yusuf Incekara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2001 2:52 AM
Subject: Re: Not Urgent . Please Don't care. (Can't Connect to Mysql Server
on 192.9.200.2 (10055))

> Hi.
>
> On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 08:18:45PM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Would you please offer me something please ?
> >
> > > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > To:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > Subject: Mysql Bug ? (Can't Connect to Mysql Server on 192.9.200.2
> > (10055))

> > >  I am connecting from Visual Basic 6 to Mysql via
> > > ODBC DSN. When i made 94 sleeped connection after 94 can't connect to
> > > server. It says : [TCX][MYODBC]Can't Connect to Mysql Server on
> > 192.9.200.2
> > > (10055)
> > Is it fault of myodbc or mysql server?
> > > Is it normal. If there a maximum connection limit for process ?
>
> No. Your process is only limited by your OS. E.g. Linux defaults to a
> limit of 256 sockets per process. I don't know about Windows.
I know but i tried it on 1 GB RAM and dual processor PIII 700 MHZ on winnt 4
with service pack 6 a.
There is a concurrent sleeped process limit. Same on linux too also.

> > > I think it is abnormal cause everyone is talking about
> > > 10.000 Web Hit.
>
> Sorry? You can handle 10.000 web hits with only one connection.
i am not interested about web. it works. no problem.
if you just create a server object on asp. loop the recordset. then close.
no problem. cause you only open 1 process then close. and it take 1 secs.
example.

Think a scenario :
You connect via ODBC or Data Environment from VB
then you get a recordset.
You will show this recordset on a grid. (excel style spreadsheet.)
if you use additem method , you can loop recordset and
manually add rows into grid then close recordset no problem.

but if you bound grid into that dao object then until program or form close
it run as a sleep process.

and if you even use 3 connection for program ,
if max sleep process is limited to 90 (due to your hardware configuration ,
but even if you use 1 gb ram
it is limited to max 120) that means maximum 30 user will be execute your
program.

and it is not satify us.

> > Is it cause from sleeped process list ?
>
> Quite probably. Why do you need so much sleeping processes? Maybe
> there is a misconception about the need of them?
mentioned above

> > > I increased maximum connection to 200 but it not works.  I think
> > > it is not related with maximum connection. It is related with
> > > maximum process number.
>
> Why do you get so much processes? Do you really get so much hits? If
> so, maybe someone else can help (I have no clue about tuning Windows
> systems).
yes i really need this. as i mentioned above every executed compiled
software
will be needed at least 3 connection till to unloaded.

> > > How-To-Repeat:
> > >     Run this code on Microsoft Visual Basic 6 ENT Edition.
> > >
> > >     For i = 1 To 200
> > >     Set Temp_Bag(i) = New ADODB.Connection
> > >         Temp_Bag(i).Open "DSN=Avukatpro;UID=avukatpro;PWD=avukatpro"
> > >     Next i
> > > It hangs 94 on Winnt. It hangs 60 on Win 95. It hangs 50 on Win98 SE.
>
> Well, do you have a production situation that hits the wall? If not, I
> wouldn't care about it. One of my servers delivers about 5.000.000
> queries (300.000 web hits) a day with only 10-20 concurrent
> connections. (Not, that there is no need for hundreds of connections
> in some applications, but most time you don't need so much).

i have a critical product(which is written in vb for end users)
that needs at least 150 concurrent sleeped process to run.