Hello.

On Sat, Feb 03, 2001 at 01:54:14AM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Dear Benjamin.
> I firstly very very thanks for your interest.
> This is my 3'rd mail with same question and you 're the first one who
> reply.

Well, it might be due to the fact that you have a rather unusual use
pattern.

[...]
> > > 192.9.200.2
> > > Is it fault of myodbc or mysql server?
> >
> > No. Your process is only limited by your OS. E.g. Linux defaults to a
> > limit of 256 sockets per process. I don't know about Windows.
> I know but i tried it on 1 GB RAM and dual processor PIII 700 MHZ on winnt 4
> with service pack 6 a.

Well, your resources (e.g. memory) normally don't influence the
default configuration automatically. That means, you should consult
the usual Window NT resources (web pages, mailing lists?) how to
change the process limit.

[...]
> > Sorry? You can handle 10.000 web hits with only one connection.
> i am not interested about web. it works. no problem.

Well, it was your example. ;-)

[...]
> Think a scenario :
> You connect via ODBC or Data Environment from VB
> then you get a recordset.
> You will show this recordset on a grid. (excel style spreadsheet.)
> if you use additem method , you can loop recordset and
> manually add rows into grid then close recordset no problem.
>
> but if you bound grid into that dao object then until program or form close
> it run as a sleep process.

Well, that's the problem. It is usually (not only with MySQL) a good
idea to block resources as short as possible. The suggested program
doesn't do that. Even if the connection is idle, it blocks a
connection.

> and if you even use 3 connection for program , if max sleep process
> is limited to 90 (due to your hardware configuration , but even if
> you use 1 gb ram it is limited to max 120) that means maximum 30
> user will be execute your program.

I assume that is only a parameter you have to change within NT.

[...]
> i have a critical product(which is written in vb for end users)
> that needs at least 150 concurrent sleeped process to run.

Well, but 150 concurrent connections may not be a problem even for NT
*eg*. So, as said above, I suggest you check out the appropriate NT
resources how to change the process limit (in hope that this is really
the wall you hit, but it sounds so).

Bye,

        Benjamin.