Hi

I don't understand the way mysql tries to jail itself with --chroot.

If I start
 mysqld --chroot=/var/lib/mysql_jail
then it gives me an error saying that it wasn't able to initialize the
databases. When I copy the mysql database somewhere into the jail it works.

But - when I modify the mysql database or create new databases then only
the files outside the jail, in /var/lib/mysql/ gets modified.

So why there is a need for having this mysql database copy in the jail?!

TIA
bye,

    -christian-

Apropos: it would be nice if someone would incorporate the no-passwd-patch
from the mailing list into the latest mysqld server so that there is no longer
a need to have a /etc/passwd and libnss/libcompat in the jail.

--
   You know you're a nerd when your os uptime is longer than
   you've ever had a girlfriend.      ([EMAIL PROTECTED])