http://www.mysql.com/doc/L/e/Legal_names.html
http://www.mysql.com/doc/R/e/Reserved_words.html

>Why no one on the list ever mentions it when some poor
>sap discovers that some random word has been made
>reserved for no reason is beyond me

They're not exactly chosen at random, but yes, it's
unpleasant to find that a word you've used has become
reserved in a new release.

That's why it's a good idea to read the change notes
when a new release comes out. The developers try to
mention when a word becomes reserved due to the addition
of new features.

>Why the mySQL developers never mention it is beyond
>me.

See above.

--
Paul DuBois, [EMAIL PROTECTED]