Hello,

I would just like to ask the list's members of this setup:

We have rented a Win2000 web server in the US with a 50GB transfer/month in
the internet. The server currently holds our site's asp web
files,  SMTP/POP server and MS Access database files. The Access files
holds the list of users of our asp pages and allowed email users. Our web
application presents a login form which is checked against the list of
users in the database. Everytime a member logs in or signup, the Access
database will be used.

Over here in the Philippines, I have several servers each more powerful
than the one in the US except that our internet connection is only 128kbps
with burst of up to 256kbps.

I plan to distribute the load of the US server by moving some of the
services to our local facilites.

Will there be connection problems if I move the database to a MySql server
to our local site an still retain the web server in the US? Or is it better
to have MySql running in the US server and have a duplicate or slave  MySql
server here in our local site. I also plan to move the email servers here
and email users will also be checked against the database.

Thanks in advance.

Jonor Lacuesta
Systems Administrator
Philippinemail.com

"Send free postal letters to the Philippines FREE"
http://www.philippinemail.com