I apologize if this has been discussed already, but I quick poke
at the archives didn't reveal anything.

We have a table that iamchk says is fine.  We are trying to get an
SQL dump of this table.  But, we keep getting out-of-memory errors.
I've tried several things, all to no avail, and I'm looking for
advice/suggestions.

Some real details:

The platform:

  FreeBSD 3.4-RELEASE on a dual-CPU box, with 1G of physical and
  2G of swap.

  We're running MySQL 3.22.32.

  This machine is idle; there are no other processes, no uses of
  the database, other than my client.

The table:

  # ls -l audit_trail_271.*
  -rw-rw----  1 root  wheel  1486838307 Nov 10 05:26 audit_trail_271.ISD
  -rw-rw----  1 root  wheel    84807680 Nov 10 05:26 audit_trail_271.ISM
  -rw-rw----  1 root  wheel        9060 Oct 25 05:06 audit_trail_271.frm

  # isamchk audit_trail_271.ISM
  Checking ISAM file: audit_trail_271.ISM
  Data records: 3869676   Deleted blocks:       0
  - check file-size
  - check delete-chain
  - check index reference
  - check data record references index: 1
  - check data record references index: 2
  - check record links

When I try to do a mysqldump on the localhost, I get an out-of-memory
error:

  # mysqldump -uroot -proot customer audit_trail_271
  mysqldump: Out of memory (Needed 8164 bytes)
  mysqldump: Got error: 2008: MySQL client run out of memory

When I try to a dump from over the network:

  # mysqldump -uroot -proot -h db_host1 customer audit_trail_271

  # MySQL dump 7.1
  #
  # Host: db_host1    Database: customer
  #--------------------------------------------------------
  # Server version        3.22.32-log

  #
  # Table structure for table 'audit_trail_271'
  #
  CREATE TABLE audit_trail_271 (
    audit_trail_id int(10) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL auto_increment,
    account_id int(10) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
    user_id int(10) unsigned,
    bid_id int(10) unsigned,
    cpc int(10) unsigned,
    ics2_id int(10) unsigned,
    action varchar(20) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
    acct_amt int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
    gift_amt int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
    free_amt int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
    bill_amt int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
    decl_amt int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
    ref_base varchar(40),
    ref_more text,
    apache_log text,
    mtime timestamp(14),
    ctime datetime,
    PRIMARY KEY (audit_trail_id),
    KEY account_id (account_id)
  );

  #
  # Dumping data for table 'audit_trail_271'
  #

And there it hangs forever.  As in, I let is sit for hours, and no
data comes over the pipe.  The server admits there's a connection:

 # echo 'show processlist;' | mysql -u root -proot customer
  Id      User    Host    db      Command Time    State   Info
  162128  root    db_host2      customer    Query   446     Sending data
   SELECT * FROM audit_trail_271
  162130  root    localhost       customer    Query   0       NULL    show
  processlist

And, if I simply do a 'select *', and dump all output into a bitbucket:

  # echo 'select * from audit_trail_271;' |
        mysql -u root -proot customer > /dev/null
  mysql: Out of memory (Needed 8164 bytes)
  ERROR 2008 at line 1: MySQL client run out of memory

Does anyone have any advice about how I can get a dump of this table?

--
Brian 'you Bastard' Reichert            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
37 Crystal Ave. #303                    Daytime number: (603) 434-6842