Well, I finally got that portion working. After I putzed around for awhile, I
said to myself - Self, With all this putzing, I probably need to restart the
mysqld server. So I tried that from linuxconf and for some reason it just didn't
want to restart! So, I went and did a /etc/rc5.d/S85mysqld stop and then a
/etc/rc5.d/S85mysqld start. Low and behold, I could now change the password from
a blank to meg123.

So now my next question is how do I add users? Do I do that from the mysql
database??

Tx for your help

"mysql-return-64843-gaal=ct.marconimed.com"@lists.mysql.com on 02/10/2001
01:06:43 PM