You can save the excel file in csv format (delimited text) and upload it
to mysql using load data. Or the easiest use phpmyadmin

Teddy

----- Original Message -----
From: "gopinath" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2001 7:27 PM
Subject: Technical Clarification

Hi,

We have uploaded our site that uses Chilisoft ASP with MySQL backend
database.We are now in testing stage.It works fine with just 10 records in
each table. We have our original data in Excel. Now how do we convert that
excel data to mysql data (which is in bulk.) and upload .

The main issue is where in the server should the mysql (converted) data be
uploaded.

The Connection string we use is

set cc=server.createobject("adodb.connection")
cc.open "DRIVER={MySQL};SERVER=www.wwwwwww.net;DATABASE=mydatabase;
              UID=myUser;PWD=myPwd"

Please do give us a solution in this regard.

Regards

Gopinath