I have a one-way replication setup where the master is out of state, and the
slave is local. The connection between the machines is high-speed, but not
100% reliable. Every once in a while, my slave thread stops because of a
duplicate key entry. I'm puzzled by this for several reasons:
1. Insertions and updates are made on the master, and nowhere else.
2. I know that if a slave loses connection, it will attempt to restart - so
network disruptions shouldn't be a big factor.

I am running:
mysql  Ver 11.6 Distrib 3.23.28-gamma, for sun-solaris2.7 (sparc)
on both machines.

Does anyone know where I might be able to start finding clues to solving
this mystery?