On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 04:21:31PM +0200, Sinisa Milivojevic wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The above is actually documented behaviour.

I've just realized that it's true (checked). But it was supported by older
mysql versions and now I'm getting stuck with the old tables (MyISAM).

> Entering negative values and negative values in general, are  actually
> not suported  in auto_increment columns.

OK, it's right and clean for me now ;-)
But what can I do if I DONE this before? For example one of the development
group members at our firm try this. Of course I can remove all of the records
inserted with negative ids but even after this the table remains in a state
where I can't work correctly. Is there a chance to kick out the insert id
mysql internal variable for this table ? It's not an easy task to recreate
the table with dumping and restoring it :(

BTW, sorry for my tons of mails :(

- Gabor

--
 --[ Gábor Lénárt ]---[ Vivendi Telecom Hungary ]---------[ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]--
 U have 8 bit comp or chip of them and it's unused or to be sold? Call me!