hi rus,

It seems my first question was not very clear.  I wanted to use a function
that I don't know if it exists or if there is some way to do this.  Its name
is TOTAL and what it does is add all values ignoring the GROUP BY clause,
unlike SUM that is affected by GROUP BY.

So from a bigger table than what I had below:

Event_Num, Name, Amount
1          Name1   15
2          Name2   15
3          Name3   30
4          Name1   45
5          Name2   20
6          Name3   35

I can get the following output:

Name, Amount, Total, Percent
Name1  60     160    37.5
Name2  35     160    21.875
Name3  65     160    40.625

So if the function TOTAL exists, I can do this:

SELECT Name, sum(Amount) as Amount, TOTAL(Amount) as Total, 100 *
Amount/Total as Percent from table1 where ... GROUP BY Name;

and TOTAL would give me the TOTAL of all Amounts so I can use it to
calculate for percent.

I want can do this calculation in one line.  :)  Currently I use two SELECT
statements, the first to get the total, then use that value to calculate for
the percent.

jerome