Hi, I get trouble with redhat 7
i compile the rpm source with this command
rpm -bb MySQL-3.23.32.src.rpm
then I install the binary rpm.

when I run mysql, i get problem with show tables and show databases. it
return some rows, but the contents is none.

mysql>show databases;
Databases
+--------+
2 rows ....

but if I execute
select * from mytable;

there's no problem.
I fix the problem by installing rpm from mysql.com.

Regards

--ilham--