From: Jeremy D. Zawodny [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 2:18 PM
To: Gorjan Todorovski
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: XML support under mySQL

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 11:18:49AM +0100, Gorjan Todorovski wrote:

> By support for XML I mean that u can insert XML documents directly
> in the database, of course u need to have the table properlu craeted
> first. Also it should be possible to retreive data in XML format
> from some table. This is supported in Oracle 8i for eaxmple....

You cannot do that with MySQL.

But that's probably a philosophical difference. Many would argue that
the database server has no business dealing with XML. That should be
the job of the program which is putting the data into the database...

Jeremy
--
Jeremy D. Zawodny, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Technical Yahoo - Yahoo Finance