dear Sir :

MySQL 3.22 on my linux 486 PC seems work so good. when I compile
a simple C API programe which catched from the MySQL tutorial, it
chokes at the end of compile process . the programe is as follows:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <mysql.h>

#define def_host_name NULL
#define def_user_name NULL
#define def_password  NULL
#define def_db_name NULL

MYSQL *conn;
int main(int argc,char *argv[])
{
conn=mysql_init(NULL);
mysql_real_connect(
                 conn,
                 def_host_name,
                 def_user_name,
                 def_password,
                 def_db_name,
                 0,             /*port defaut*/
                 NULL,          /*socket default*/
                 0);            /*flag*/
mysql_close(conn);
exit(0);
}

I compile as follows:

gcc -o client my_simplest_prog -I/home/MySQL/MySQL/include \
                               -L/home/MySQL/MySQL/lib \
                                -lmysqlclient

then I get :

/home/MySQL/MySQL/lib/libmysqlclient.a(my_open.o)In function 'my_open':
my_open.o(.text+0x14):undefined reference to 'open64'
/home/MySQL/MySQL/lib/libmysqlclient.a(mf_format.o)In function 'fn_format':
mf_format.o(.text+0x201):undefined reference to '__lxstat64'
/home/MySQL/MySQL/lib/libmysqlclient.a(my_open.o)In function 'my_open':
my_open.o(.text+0x21):undefined reference to 'fopen64'

nothing left to do with the situation, I beg your help. anyway I'm a
newcomer. thank you very much.

please send message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]