I have used it on a Win98 systems to access a MySQL DB on a Linux
server. I found it highly unreliable. I would get a whole record
entered before, as often as not, it would get kicked back with an
error message, saying it could not save the (new) record, because
someone else was accessing that record it at the time (no-one else
was even so-much-as accessing webpages). Did I want to save the
record to the clipboard? That was no help, as once we had an error on
a record, It could not be re-entered until I accessed the DB by
telnet and deleted the problem record.

When we upgraded from Redhat 6.1 to 7, we were able to get PHP
working, allowing us to use PhpMyAdmin. So far, that solution has
been problem-free.

On 28 Feb 2001, at 22:57, genge1 wrote:

> Has anyone installed MyODBC under Windows ME?
> Did you use the Win95 or NT version?
> I don't have the OS, still on Win95 and 98, but I have a client who
> wants to install the driver.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Greg Engel

John Jensen