On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 08:40:20PM +0200, Heikki Tuuri wrote:
> I looked at the pthread header file which is, by the way, 52000 lines long :).
When I sent it, it was a tar file with /usr/include/pthread.h and the
complete subdir /usr/include/dce. The orverall length of all files may
match the number you quote :-)

> Obviously, one cannot cast such a struct to a long integer, and neither
> can one pass NULL in place of such a struct. The compilation might
> work if you on line 29 of os0thread.c write something like:
>
>    return((os_thread_id_t) (pthread_self()->field1));
>
> and on line 69 replace the NULL parameter with pthread_attr_default
>
> In os0thread.h you should return to the original typedef of os_thread_id_t:
>
>   typedef unsigned long int os_thread_id_t
>
> These are of course just temporary fixes, and I will modify the next
> version to adhere to strict Posix definitions.

I have started a new compilation with these quick fixes and will see what
breaks next :-)

Best regards,
        Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/