Hi,

I like to run mysqld with these 3 options:

--log-slow-queries
--delay-key-write-for-all-tables
--skip-networking

But, so far, I've been unable to get mysqld to read them out of /etc/my.cnf.
Here's what's inside my /etc/my.cnf:

[mysql.server]
log-slow-queries
delay-key-write-for-all-tables
skip-networking

Am I doing this wrong?

I looked, but I didn't find any documentation of how to format simple
options like this in /etc/my.cnf.   ...or perhaps, I have them under the
wrong header (is "mysql.server" correct?)

...or perhaps I just can't set these options in /etc/my.cnf.  Currently, I
set them by editing the mysql start script, adding them to the safe_mysqld
line.

Any help would be appreciated.

-bill