Hi,

But is your mysql server run by root, or, as advised, by 'mysql'?

Quentin

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Caturia [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, 15 March 2001 10:56 a.m.
To: Gerald L. Clark
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: mysqldump Error

ah but I do.. Allow me to prove it..

drwxr-xr-x   4 root  wheel     512 Mar 14 12:50 work

[root@fugu work]# touch this_works
[root@fugu work]# ls -la
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel        0 Mar 14 13:42 this_works

And, as I stated before, the Calls.sql file IS being created in this same
directory.

Is it possible this sort of permission denied is related to some part of the
database?? I should mention that I can run a "normal" mysqldump till I'm
blue in the face, it's just when I try and create these tab deliminated
files that is chokes.

Thanks!

Joel