On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 07:19:24AM -0800, abdelhamid bettache wrote:

> I want to ask you :
> 1- How many rows does a mysql table can hold?

Millions. Probably billions. I've heard of someone putting 2 billion
rows in a table before (if memory serves).

> 2- I have to design a database for all universities of my country ,
> Is it better to consider one database for each university or one
> database for all universities .  Note that a query on a table
> "student" would be more quick if I use for every university its own
> student table .

If the data structures are identical, there should be little need to
split them out into their own tables. Speed shouldn't be an issue if
it is indexed properly.

Jeremy
--
Jeremy D. Zawodny, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>