hi,
  i've not reconfigured linuxthreads.
/proc/sys/kernel/threads-max has 57344.  At the time
when the machine hits 100% CPU, apache processes are
taking most of the CPU time, and i have around 250
processes on the entire system, with around 10-15
running processes.  mysqladmin status shows me around
15 mysql threads running.  Agreed that something like
this should not happen, the CPU touching 100% is not
an acceptable situation, but what i'm worried abt is
mysql crashing.  If the OS goes for a toss, i know
that it is a problem with the load, but mysql is
getting something like a 100-150 queries at that time.

Tx.
Vinod

--- "Gerald L. Clark"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > You have
mysqld set for 2000 connections.

> [...]
> Mysqld crashs?
>

> vinod p wrote:
> >
> > hi,
> >    thanks for the interest.  The error log just
> prints
> > an incomplete backtrace that is exactly the same
> after
> > every crash.  I ran the incomplete backtrace
> through
> > resolve, and it showed me functions such as thread
> > start... etc...  This is the backtrace that i've
> been
> > getting for all the crashes -
> > -----------------------------------
> > Cannot determine thread, ebp=0xbffff24c, backtrace
> may
> > not be correct
> > stack range sanity check, ok, backtrace follows
> > 0x40077552
> > 0x40076f0f
> > 0x80bdb6a
> > 0x80bdfdf
> > 0x80bd75d
> > 0x400f99cb
> > 0x80884b1
> > New value of ebp failed sanity check terminating
> > backtrace
> > --------------------------------
> >    We have been doing testing of our software and
> in
> > all the runs, with all the mysql servers, this
> problem
> > has been experienced.  As soon as the server
> reaches
> > 100% CPU, the mysql server restarts.  Without a
> single
> > exception till now.
> >    The servers are RedHat Linux 6.2 with kernel
> 2.4.2,
> > PHP 4.0.4pl1, apache 1.3.14 and mysql 3.23.32.
> The
> > my.cnf file i'm using is this -
> >
> > [mysqld]
> > port            = 3306
> > socket          = /tmp/mysql.sock
> > skip-locking
> > set-variable    = key_buffer=640M
> > set-variable    = max_allowed_packet=10M
> > set-variable    = table_cache=640
> > set-variable    = sort_buffer=6M
> > set-variable    = record_buffer=6M
> > set-variable    = thread_cache=16
> > set-variable    = thread_concurrency=16
> > set-variable    = myisam_sort_buffer_size=64M
> > log-bin
> > server-id       = 1
> > set-variable    = max_connections=2000
> > set-variable    = max_connect_errors=10000
> > set-variable    = back_log=2900
> > set-variable    = connect_timeout=15
> > set-variable    = wait_timeout=57600
> > set-variable    = interactive_timeout=57600
> >
> > Tx.
> > Vinod.
> >
> > --- "Jeremy D. Zawodny" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:

> when
> > > the
> why?
> > >
> > > What does the error log say? Anything?
> > > --
> > > Jeremy D. Zawodny, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > Technical Yahoo - Yahoo Finance
> > > Desk: (408) 328-7878    Fax: (408) 530-5454

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Trouble unsubscribing? Try:

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>