>I get the following message if i try to connect to server:
>
>Can't connect server through socket /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock(111)

Is mysqld running (ps -ax)?? is your mysql.sock in /var/lib/mysql?
I've only seen mysql.sock in /tmp if you've got a config file for
connection to mysql edit it to match the location of you mysql.sock

If you get this problem within an application try to connect via telnet
(use SSH).

And don't forget to read the manual at www.mysql.com a .pdf is around for
download too.

Bye,

B.

PS I assume you're running MySQL on Linux.