It would also be VERY cool to be able to adjust the priority of selects like you can
with inserts. In some cases I know selects are going to take long and thus do not want
them to take all resources.

Also, it would be REALLY cool to be able to specify a time limit for a select after
which time it would die. I know this can be set globally, but this will not work for
me as my server has many web apps (php driven) all using the same database - each app
having different requirements. What grinds me is that some users enter crap searches
on my apps and then hit the stop/cancel button when it takes too long. I know in
upcoming versions of php they plan to somehow "fix" this - how I do not know. Oh yes,
my databases are normalised.

--
Richard Ellerbrock
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> Wagner Christoph <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 2001/03/20 04:21:02 >>>
for mysqld -child processes. i set it manually, but how to do it
automatically. has somebody done this ?

thanks

christoph