Sinisa,

SM>  >   I've no PHP scripts accessing Mysql for now.
SM>  >
SM>  >   Only some little programs written in C which are connecting to Mysql
SM>  >   and doing some UPDATE on a few tables.
SM>  >
SM>  >   Alex.
SM>  >
SM>  >
SM>  >

SM> And you have mysql_close at the end of them ??

  These  are  daemon  programs ... not exiting. I've about 10 programs
  initialising  a  connection  and then looping, doing some updates on
  table while receiving data from another input.

  The schema is :

     1. Connecting to Mysql
     2. reading data (from a file for example)
     3. updating Mysql table
     4. if any error, do a mysql_ping() in order to re-connect if
        disconnected
     5. loop to 2.

SM> Also, please try our 2.7 binary, just to rule out build problmes.

  I will try now.

  Alex.