BAUMEISTER Alexandre writes:
 > Sinisa,
 >
 > SM>  >   If  I  add a thread on my daemons which executes a mysql_ping() each
 > SM>  >   30 secondes and increase net_read_timeout to 60 will it be ok ? Does
 > SM>  >   a mysql_ping() reset net_read and net_write timer ?
 >

 > SM> This is all that mysql_ping does (on the server) :
 >
 > SM>     send_ok(net);                               // Tell client we are alive
 >
 > SM> No resetting of anything, what so ever.
 >
 >   Ok. So if a client does only some mysql_ping() to the server with no
 >   queries, there will be some timeouts in net_read or net_write ?
 >
 > SM> And anybody can have a bug in the code, so can you ....
 >
 >   I'm   100%  agree  with  you.  I don't really understand why you say
 >   that. Did I let you think I said I never write a bug ?
 >
 >   My  code is very small and I use to write this kind of code. I can't
 >   find  any bug, except if something changed in Mysql which makes that
 >   I'm not querying it the right way.
 >
 >   To summaries the problem :
 >
 >    * When compiling Mysql with "--without-debug" I have some "Warning:
 >    Got signal 14 from thread X".
 >
 >    *  When compiling Mysql with "--with-debug" and running mysqld with
 >    "--debug" the server crashes with :
 > mysqld got signal 11;
 > The manual section 'Debugging a MySQL server' tells you how to use a
 > stack trace and/or the core file to produce a readable backtrace that may
 > help in finding out why mysqld died.
 >
 >   * I raised filedescriptors to 1024 but it didn't change anything.
 >
 >   * I tried to disable thread_cache but it didn't change anything.
 >
 >   And  I  can't find any error on my code which is just connecting and
 >   looping for doing UPDATES to Mysql tables.
 >
 >   *  I  tried  to set net_read_timeout and net_write_timeout to 600 in
 >   order  to  be  shure  that  signal 14 does not come from clients not
 >   sending  some requests to the server, but I'm getting some "Warning:
 >   Got signal 14 from thread X" as soon as the server runs.
 >
 >   Alex.

No, I only referred to bugs as a possibility that daemon exited
without closing a connection. That is all.

There were also some reference to problems in Solaris threads that
were fixed with some recent patches.

Please check it out.

Regards,

Sinisa

     /*/\*\/\*\   /*/ \*\ /*/ \*\ |*|     Sinisa Milivojevic
    /*/ /*/ /*/   \*\_   |*|   |*||*|     mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             /*/             \*\                Developers Team