From: denis mettler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2001 10:19 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (13)

Hi,

I'm really tired of this problem...

Here's the error message:

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (13) in /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/dbopen.php3 on
line 5

I have Suse 7.1
Standard installation with apache1.3.14 and php3.0.17

Apache is running
Simple PHP Scripts without MYSQL CONNECTION, too.

Mysql 3.23 is okay.
Mysqld is running
i started mysql and created a db.

But the only thing i could not do is to make
mysql_connect with a php script.

i have the php3.ini and the
/etc/httpd/ directory

and there is an entry:
mysql.default_socket    =       /tmp/mysql.sock

the mysql.sock is there!

I DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA WHY THIS PROBLEM OCCURS!
If u need more Information please let me know....

Please help....

Regards
Denis

Bryan C. Coon