What _exactly_ would you like to know? The term "architecture" is rather
all-encompassing and, to me anyway, too vague to answer . What specific
element(s) of MySQL do you want detailed information about?

Of course, you could RTFM -> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/index.html

It's on-line, searchable, indexed, and quite detailed about many things.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine