From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Replication does not continue after removal/replace of network
cable.

 Configuration.
 Two servers (PCs) running mysql, both are master and slave to each
other.
 Replication using binary log.
 Updates done (from the mysql console) on either server are replicated
to the other.
 (The application (I) takes care that the updates are not conflicting.)
 So far so good.
 Now the problem.
 I remove a network cable from one of the servers.
 I do an update (insert into table) on server 1.
 I do a second update (again insert) on server 2.
 Of course the updates aren't replicated (no communication possible).
 However... when I replace the cable, the replication is not done for
the
 previous two inserts. I waited 4 minutes... Still no replication.
 Then I did on each server a new (different) insert (maybe this can
trigger
 the replication).
 No success, replication remains dead.
 I have cheched the master and slave status and the log files.
 Everything looks OK to me. They are running. The slave pos is at the
point
 of the inserts that still have to be replicated. The master pos is at
the end.
 A SLAVE STOP makes the console hang.
 A mysqladmin shutdown is executed console comes free again
 but mysqld doesn't properly terminate.
 (I had to close the DOS box.)
 I then restarted the mysqld deamon.
 Oops... the replication is executed now.
 So this means that everything was logically OK only the
 replication execution didn't happen. Moreoever the replication
 was completely dead, also for updates after the cable was replaced.
 Ofcourse this is unacceptable behavior for a dependable system.
 Note on our investigations:
 The two servers would act as an active/standy dependable database
server.
 Other software will take care that the applications are directed to
 the right machine (cluster software).
 Kind regards.

How-To-Repeat:
 Executed the sequence as described above.

Fix:
 ?

Synopsis: Replication does not continue after removal/replace of network

cable.
Submitter-Id: <submitter ID>
Originator: Johan Vanroose
Category: mysqld