----- Original Message -----
> I'm running into the same exact problem.  Apache will not start until
> Mysql has been started (even if mysql is stopped prior to starting httpd),
> and gives that same message.  If you start mysql first it should run fine.

In my case I hit the same error if msqld is running or not...

bash-2.04# /usr/local/bin/safe_mysqld
A mysqld process already exists
bash-2.04# apachectl configtest
/usr/libexec/ld.so: httpd: libmysqlclient.so.6.0: No such file or directory
bash-2.04#

incidentally, the copy of libmysqlclient.so.? is 10.0 , not 6.0 ... could this be it?

cp

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]