----- Original Message -----
From: "Samantha Savvakis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "MySQL" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2001 12:39 AM
Subject: ADO problem with MYSQL datetime column

> I have a table that I'm querying that has 'datetime' columns. If these
> columns are null or 0 - "0000-00-00 00:00:00", I have problems reading
from
> the ADO recordset.

What kind of problems are you having specifically?

If you already have your data in an ADO recordset, then it is fairly simple
to "massage" the data in any way you want. Have you checked the field with
IsEmpty or IsNull? Using a conditional statement to check for null or empty
values should prevent these dates from passing through to your script.

> I was wondering if this is an ADO issue with the MYSQL column type of
> datetime, or perhaps an issue with the MyODBC driver and ADO ?

If the data is already in the recordset, and the values for the other fields
are correct, then I don't think that it would be an ODBC error. It might
just be a matter of using some further code to verify the data before you
use it in the rest of your scripts.

Good luck,

Dennis
Beridney Computer Services