If it's a heavy use site you're create to not use persistent
connections.  Otherwise everytime someone hits your webpage the connection
has to be recreated.  This adds a LOT of overhead if you're sit is real busy.

At 04:57 PM 3/27/2001 -0800, Oson, Chris M. wrote:
>Mike,
>
>Excuse me if I'm wrong, but isn't using persistent connections more
>server resource intensive?  I'm trying to optimize the database on
>a heavy site, and I decided not to use persistent connections.
>
>Chris

Scott Baker - Webster Internet - Network Technician
503.266.8253 - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"It has been said that the primary function of schools is to impart enough
facts to make children stop asking questions. Some, with whom the schools
do not succeed, become scientists." - Knut Schmidt-Nielson