From: "Ralph Graulich" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

From: "Mat Murdock" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Did you look at doing something with replication?

Thanks for the quick reply. I hadn't looked at replication previously. I've
read the text about it now, and might have missed something. But..

In the setup I'm looking for there is no clear master-slave relationsship.
With this in mind I could setup numerous servers to all act master to all
others. This would be way of keeping all in sync. There are problems with
this setup (as stated in the manual), ie. things are not allowed to go wrong
if updates are done in slightly different choronological order. I understand
why this is so. This would be a problem for all but very simplistic
informations.

In our setup the different db's aren't backups (slaves), but all are used as
masters (they're located differently geographicaly). I guess I'm looking for
a 'clustered' service where all db's act as if there we a single one. I
didn't expect MySQL to handle this out of the box but was hoping there was a
3rd party add-on/sub system/super system through which it could be 'easely'
done.

--
Aigars