I don't mean to be argumentative, but what is everyones love affair with stored
procedures?  I like putting my logic in the mid-tier and I'm constantly battling my
Sybase Admin at work who maligns me whenever they spot a query in my code....even a
very simple select "oh, I can make that a stored procedure....because what if I change
something?"   <me> "then my code will break and I'll fix it.....*somebody* always has
to change something!"

Triggers I can understand, they take away much of my validation headaches (and make me
correspondingly lazy), but what am I missing about the panacea | paradise | emerald
city of stored procedures?

Regards,

Gary "SuperID" Huntress

FreeSQL.org offering free database hosting to developers
Visit http://superid.dyndns.org:8080/freesql/index.php