Hi
I must agree with you on this point, after what can be done in a stored
procedure can also be done with SQL. The only real advantage I can see to
provide a centralized store of commonly used SQL, but then again these can be
stored in a text file. The disadvantage is a down grade in performance, which
is exactly what MySQL tries to avoid.

--
Regards
John

MySQL Development Team
  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /   John Dean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
/_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\____/ Mansfield, England, UK
       <___/