Hi!

Tim> On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 07:57:41PM +0300, Michael Widenius wrote:

mysql> rename tables test1 to test3, test2 to test1, test3 to test2;
Peter> ERROR 1192: Can't execute the given command because you have active locked
Peter> tables or an active transaction

>> I bet this happens when you have a server that is compiled w
>> transaction support but you are using --skip-bdb and --skip-innobase ?
>>
>> Here is a fix for this:

Tim> What's the scope of this bug? Does it only affect the use of 'circular'
Tim> rename, or all renames, or table locking in general, or tables in general?

It affects all renames when you have compiled MySQL with support for
BDB or INNOBASE but used the --skip option to disable the database.

As our standard binaries are not compiled with BDB or INNOBASE, these
doesn't have this problem.

Regards,
Monty