> Hi Sander!
>
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 02:11:02PM +0200, Sander Pilon wrote:
>

> > I'm getting a whole lot of mysql++ link problems on freebsd :/
> >
> > Used gcc 2.95.3, latest mysql++
> >
> > The program links fine under linux & win32.
> >
> > Any idea's?
> >
> > [...]
>
> What version of FreeBSD are you currently using?  I am the
> maintainer of the
> FreeBSD port of MySQL++ and it compiles for me just fine.  I'm
> sure that you
> wasn't using our excellent Ports Collection when you got those awful error
> messages. ;)

FreeBSD 4.2, stable.

But I rewrote mysql++ (at least, the functionality I was using) so that the
same build compiled on linux, win32, and freebsd, ditched all the stream
stuff (but kept the cool query << operator), ditched all templates (still
can't figure out why they were needed :) and on top of that it shaved about
10 minutes of compile time from our application. (mysql++ is a beast)

(The windows port was, unfortunately, not entirely to our satisfaction
because the stream 'manipulators' (quote, escape) weren't working very well
for us.)

Anyway, I'll probably throw it online if anyone is interested in it - it
borrows its concepts and even a few lines of code from mysql++ so that's the
least I can do.

And oh... whoever thought of that
quote-as-define-to-enum-as-stream-manipulator-thingy is a total madman with
small bit of genious mixed in. Took me a while to figure that one out.

Regards,

-Sander