Sander Pilon writes:

 > FreeBSD 4.2, stable.
 >
 > But I rewrote mysql++ (at least, the functionality I was using) so that the
 > same build compiled on linux, win32, and freebsd, ditched all the stream
 > stuff (but kept the cool query << operator), ditched all templates (still
 > can't figure out why they were needed :) and on top of that it shaved about
 > 10 minutes of compile time from our application. (mysql++ is a beast)
 >
 > (The windows port was, unfortunately, not entirely to our satisfaction
 > because the stream 'manipulators' (quote, escape) weren't working very well
 > for us.)
 >
 > Anyway, I'll probably throw it online if anyone is interested in it - it
 > borrows its concepts and even a few lines of code from mysql++ so that's the
 > least I can do.
 >
 > And oh... whoever thought of that
 > quote-as-define-to-enum-as-stream-manipulator-thingy is a total madman with
 > small bit of genious mixed in. Took me a while to figure that one out.
 >
 > Regards,
 >
 > -Sander

I truly do not see why you had to ditch things from MySQL as it works
just fine on Linux, FreeBSD, True64, Windows... with GNU, Compaq,
Borland and VC++ compiler. There is currently only one bug in 1.7.8,
for which I have sent fix to all that have hit it.

Integration of the versions for different compilers is on the
way. Borland version is integrated and is in the testing, while Compaq
integration is in process.

There was no need of stripping MySQL++ of it's features. Regarding the
above madman stuff, I take it as a compliment.

Regards,

Sinisa

     /*/\*\/\*\   /*/ \*\ /*/ \*\ |*|     Sinisa Milivojevic
    /*/ /*/ /*/   \*\_   |*|   |*||*|     mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             /*/             \*\                Developers Team