On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Dennis Gearon wrote:

> Are people using Mysql using foreign keys and how are they using them?
> It seems that the way to use them is with the scripting language used to
> access the database.

Sure we are...the manual way i.e. one insert/delete at a time for each foreign key :-)

Read http://www.mysql.com/doc/B/r/Broken_Foreign_KEY.html to get an idea why MySQL
doesn't like foreign keys that much. It could have them, but it won't.
At least it supports the syntax so that you don't get errors when migrating from
Oracle >-)

regards,
thalis