Pierre,

I tested this with versions 3.23.46 and .48 on Linux and they worked ok:

mysql> CREATE TABLE FIRST (NAME VARCHAR(15), COD VARCHAR(10) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY
    -> KEY(COD)) TYPE=INNODB;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.02 sec)

mysql> CREATE TABLE SECOND (ID INT NOT NULL, F_COD VARCHAR(10), PRIMARY
    -> KEY(ID), INDEX PAR_IND(F_COD), FOREIGN KEY(F_COD) REFERENCES
FIRST(COD))
    -> TYPE=INNODB;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.04 sec)

mysql>

But on Windows there was bug in database case in some earlier versions. See
http://www.innodb.com/bugfixes.html

Are you running on Windows? Check also with SHOW TABLE STATUS that the table
FIRST was really created in your test.

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy