System: BSDI BSD/OS 4.0

I downloaded he source code from www.mysql.com version 3.23.36, when i tried to run
./configure --prefix=/usr/local i got the error below:
checking size of char... 0
configure: error: No size for char type.
A likely cause for this could be that there isn't any
static libraries installed. You can verify this by checking if you have libm.a
in /lib, /usr/lib or some other standard place.  If this is the problem,
install the static libraries and try again.  If this isn't the problem,
examine config.log for possible errors.  If you want to report this, use
'scripts/mysqlbug' and include at least the last 20 rows from config.log!

I checked the /usr/lib and i have the libm.a there. What is the problem ?

Please send me any help as soon as you can.

Thanks

Mirian Silva
Software Developer, Web Technology Group
Sea Change Corporation - http://www.seachange.com
6695-1 Millcreek Drive - Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Phone (905) 542-9484 ext. 258
Fax: (905) 542-9479