Folks,

I am totally new to databases, haven't got the foggiest of what's going on here. I
have downloaded and installed MySQL 3.23.29 a while back, but I still don't know how
to even configure it, even though I have read several articles about using it, and
consulted our webmaster, but he's got no time for a wanna-be like me... *grin*... , as
well as mailing some friends about it, without success.

here's my problem:

In my c:\program files\mysql\data directory, there is NOTHING. There's supposed to be
a folder mysql. I saw that folder there earlier. I wonder if I haven't by accident
deleted it sometime. Anyways, how do I get that contents back? I used the admin tool
to create the new database, called mysql, but it's empty. No tables are defined for
it. How do I do that? Everyone that I asked have been doing this from Linux, and I am
simply unable to follow their instructions...

Once I get this fixed, I need to create a new datase, called drupal, which requires
login, I need to specify host/password and other info for it. That is unfortunately
the only information I've got for this problem. I hope someone makes out what my
problem is!

Any help would be appreciated.

-- Kobus