Hi
At 18:13 08/04/2001 +0200, Kobus Myburgh wrote:
>Folks,
>
>I am totally new to databases, haven't got the foggiest of what's going on
>here. I have downloaded and installed MySQL 3.23.29 a while back, but I
>still don't know how to even configure it, even though I have read several
>articles about using it, and consulted our webmaster, but he's got no time
>for a wanna-be like me... *grin*... , as well as mailing some friends
>about it, without success.
>
>here's my problem:
>
>In my c:\program files\mysql\data directory, there is NOTHING. There's
>supposed to be a folder mysql. I saw that folder there earlier. I wonder
>if I haven't by accident deleted it sometime. Anyways, how do I get that
>contents back? I used the admin tool to create the new database, called
>mysql, but it's empty. No tables are defined for it. How do I do that?
>Everyone that I asked have been doing this from Linux, and I am simply
>unable to follow their instructions...

c:\program files\mysql\data contain sub-folder which turn contain your
databases as well as your grant tables. Had you been using a later with
replication enabled you could have recovered your databases from the
recovery logs. But since it appears that this is not the case you have no
alternative but to re-install MySQL and start over again. It might be worth
trying something like Norton Undelete

>Once I get this fixed, I need to create a new datase, called drupal, which
>requires login, I need to specify host/password and other info for it.
>That is unfortunately the only information I've got for this problem. I
>hope someone makes out what my problem is!
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>-- Kobus

Regards
John