"Levi Campbell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I know the blob field is binary but what would you store there? and if =
> you could give me an example of real-life uses please.

You can store beer, juice or milk, but you need to escape the drink properly to
get it back fresh and delicious.  ;)

Speaking seriously, BLOB is capable of storing any binary data. There is a long-lasting
religion war about whether it's good to store, say, images in BLOB or not. I don't want
to dive in that flame, but I must admit that both ways (storing binary data in BLOB or
just a filename where the data is) has their pros and cons.

Probably, the most popular real-life usage is storing generated website images
(thumbnails) in BLOB fields.

  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Egor Egorov
       <___/   www.mysql.com