On 12 Apr 2001, at 17:53, Lucy wrote:

> Hi
> I'm incredibly stuck.  I've been through the lists over and over, and manual is
> silent on this detail, and have found no solution.  The Unix remote host fails
> to find the text file to import from my pc, Win2000.  The TABLE is created
> already.  The text file is fine.  I've done this via "load data infile" on
> localserver on my pc in MySQL no problem.

if you mysqlimport or mysql (client) on the win2k box then:

run program on win2k (ie mysqlimport or mysql client)
connect to the remote unix host, eg
c:\mysql\bin>mysql -u fred -p -h unix.somewhere.com DATABASE
enter password:
etc

mysql>load data local infile "d:/units.txt" replace into table units; etc

ie Run the client from where the data is but connect to the remote. I don't
think LOAD is supposed to work the way you are trying to use it.

The alternative is to ftp the data from win2k to UNIX then run mysqlimport
on the UNIX side.

David