What is the application you are using to insert and retrieve the blob data?
Is the data actually being inserted?

-----Original Message-----
From: Stuart Felenstein
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 8/18/04 2:49 PM
Subject: Strange Text Field

Hoping I can figure this out.  Using MySQl
4.0.20-Standard.

I have a table (tried this both myISAM and Innodb)
with 12 fields, 3 are ints, 7 are varchars and 1 is
set to text.
Form is using a textarea for input into the text
field.  Basically a copy and paste of rich text.  (I'm
not concerned with formatting right now)

Anyway it won't take and returns a vague SQL syntax
error. If I try to input it directly into the database
I get an error about the grid being 12 columns and the
clipboard being 1 column.  Yet I had all the other
fields filled in.  And all but the ID is set to allow
nulls.

 Frustrated to figure out why this is occuring I
created a table with 2 fields, one for the recordID,
the other for the text dump.  Works like a charm.

So has anyone seen this before ?  It seems odd , I've
searched the manual and bug base and came up with
nothing.

Thank you ,
Stuart