In the table that fails, and the one that works, I'm
using some products from a company called Interakt.  I
mentioned this in my last reply, however didn't
mention one part.
With this suite of tools , I can replace a text area
with a mini html / cms tool.  Basic formatting etc.
Now in the 2nd table where the insertion works. The
form works great, retains all the formatting of the
original document.

Stuart