Trying to figure out how this gets done. Let me
explain first. By the way I hope this is not off topic
as perhaps it is more towards application then core db
.

I have a table:

Count[int][auto-increment], MemberID[int],
Title[varchar], TitleYear[int]

In my organization members can have or have held
various titles.  I'm trying to collect, right now, 5
titles and the years they've held those titles.

Extraneous - Now I'm in a precarious place, cause I am
new to web dev and db and have had the fortunate
experience to be using an extension to dreamweaver
that makes it relatively simple.  Until you have to go
beyond what they provide in functionality /
capability. It's php / adodb.

So I"ve looked around and found a few "methods" but no
detail, nor have I really drilled down on how they get
implemented.

One method was basically a loop of sorts.  Not
entirely sure but I suppose pages can keep refreshing
5 times.
Second, was to pass all the variables over to another
page.  It sounded like maybe this secondary page is
hidden but set up to accept an insert.  The third,
which I tried, unsuccessfully, was through the use of
after triggers.  Possible I need to work on this more.

Anyway I wouldn't mind hearing how other people deal
with this issue.  Not sure if I could set up some SQL
statements.

Thank you ,
Stuart