Too funny! I'm slowly coming to grips on the M2M. I
decided not to opt for it in this situation as I still
 believe it would not address my issues.

My problem, or a better to phrase it , my solution is
that I am not supplying titles.  They are, to the user
, blank fields , left to them to supply their title.
Now I may have missed your point.  Though it was 1-3
that held the same title twice. That much I grasped.
Anyway, because there are literally a few thousand
titles I'd need to insert I opted not to at this point
unless or until I start seeing a trend of common ones.

Does this make any sense ?  Please tell me if I'm
wrong

Also another quick question:
In your example tables I noticed you have an ID for
the member plus a Primary Key ID ?
Is this also common ? In particular with my tables for
members I have 1 primary key column which is also the
member ID .

Is that okay ?

Stuart