From: Donny Simonton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 6:37 PM
To: Sergei Skarupo; 'Mysql List (E-mail)'
Subject: RE: table conversion problems

Sergei,
I don't know much about innodb, but myisam doesn't have a 4 gig limit unless
you are using a dynamic type of table.  If you are using a fixed table which
is by using int, char, etc...  Not text, varchar, blobs.

As long as you don't use the last ones, you don't have a 4 gig limit.

As far as your questions about innodb, can't help you there.  Except for in
my case when I have switched tables to innodb, I copy them in chunks to
speed up the process.  That's what it says on the innodb website, so that's
what we did.

Donny