The replication slave server has the Physical memory 3.6 GB and the my.cnf
file is as below :

[client]
port            = 3306
socket          = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
[mysqld]
datadir         = /data1/mysql
basedir         = /
port            = 3306
socket          = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
skip-locking
set-variable    = max_allowed_packet=1M
set-variable    = table_cache=512
set-variable    = sort_buffer=2M
set-variable    = record_buffer=2M
set-variable    = thread_cache=8
set-variable    = thread_concurrency=8
set-variable    = myisam_sort_buffer_size=64M
set-variable    = thread_stack=256k
log-bin
server-id       = 1
master-host            =    xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
master-user            =     yyy
master-password        =     zzz
master-port            =     3306

innodb_data_home_dir = /data1/mysql/
innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:800M:autoextend
innodb_log_group_home_dir = /data1/mysql/
innodb_log_arch_dir = /data1/mysql/
set-variable = innodb_buffer_pool_size=2000M
set-variable = innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=20M
set-variable = innodb_log_file_size=300M
set-variable = innodb_log_buffer_size=150M
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=0
set-variable = innodb_lock_wait_timeout=50

set-variable                    = innodb_file_io_threads=4
transaction-isolation           = READ-COMMITTED
innodb_thread_concurrency       = 4

[mysqldump]
quick
set-variable    = max_allowed_packet=16M

[mysql]
no-auto-rehash
# Remove the next comment character if you are not familiar with SQL
#safe-updates

[isamchk]
set-variable    = key_buffer=256M
set-variable    = sort_buffer=256M