Hello,
these are my first days with mySQL. Yesterday all is well. Today i
changed some permissions in the databases and groups. I think i have
returned to the original permissions, but i not have any permission with
the user root. Is possible to restore this user?:

**login with my passw ->
[EMAIL PROTECTED] jusoz]$ mysql -u root -pxxxx
ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password:
YES)

**login without passw->
[EMAIL PROTECTED] jusoz]$ mysql -u root -p
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 15 to server version: 4.0.18

**changing the passw ->
[EMAIL PROTECTED] jusoz]$ mysqladmin -u root -h localhost password "xxxx"
mysqladmin: unable to change password; error: 'Access denied for user:
'@localhost' to database 'mysql''

Thanks,
        jose.

--